How to make Jagua gel?
Please note that making a smooth Jagua gel takes some experimentation and experience.
The following recipe gives you approximately 100 grams (100ml) of Jagua gel.
- 67.5g water
- 25g Jagua powder
- 5g essential oil (lavender, eucalyptus or squalene)
- 2.5g xanthan gum*
* Please note that this is an estimation. Xanthan gum is a thickening agent and its effectiveness can depend. We recommend to slowly add xanthan gum while mixing until it has the thickness of your liking
How to mix:
- Always use clean materials for mixing to extend shelf life.
- Add Jagua powder to a mixing bowl
- Add water while mixing thoroughly
- Add xanthan gum to the essential oil. Mix thoroughly to avoid lumps.
- Gradually add the xanthan gum and oil to the formula. Mix thoroughly to avoid lumps.
- Let the formula settle for at least 30 minutes and mix thoroughly again to remove any lumps.
- Now you can put your Jagua gel in an applicator bottle or a cone to apply your Jagua temporary tattoo.
- Let the tattoo dry on the skin for at least 3 hours.
- Gently wash of the tattoo with lukewarm water.
- It takes 12-48 hours for the tattoo colour to fully develop
- Freeze unused Jagua gel (-20 degrees Celsius) until next usage.